Gift Ideas for Nursing Home ResidentsUncategorized
Sending or bringing gifts to family members in a nursing home lets them know that you are thinking about them. Check out this list of the top 5 gift ideas from the staff at LakePoint Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- Puzzles – Whether it’s crossword, word search, Sudoku, or the classic jigsaw, puzzles keep the mind active and sharp. They can be played solo or in groups, encouraging social interaction and passing the time.
- Books/Magazines – E-readers have made the gift of reading even easier to give. Give the gift of a digital book or magazine subscription or have them shipped regularly in large print to your loved ones.
- Preloaded MP3 player – Load an MP3 with all their favorite songs or audiobooks for hours of listening. Advanced players can also store games and play movies.
- Custom Photo Gifts – Your local photo developer has so many options to transform your family photos into personalized gifts. A calendar customized with pictures of all the grandkids is a gift that will last all year long. Coffee cups and blankets can also be crafted with your family photos.
- Lap desk – A lap desk is a major convenience especially for family members that may be bed-ridden. A lap desk with a built-in cushion ensures a snug fit across the lap, steady enough for eating, reading, writing, or doing puzzles. Some desktops also come with storage compartments, so don’t forget to pack your gift with pens, pencils, stationary, and sweet treats.
It is important to keep in touch with family members in nursing homes and make sure their needs are met. These are just a few gift ideas your loved ones are sure to enjoy.