Living in a Residence Is Smarter Than Living with FamilyUncategorized
If you are faced with a few choices for senior care, you may be tempted to live with your family members. You will be in a private home with people you know and can trust. However, there are many reasons why living in a senior residence facility is a smarter choice for senior citizens who need a little extra help.
If you live in a residence, you can expect the following benefits:
- Absolute privacy in your own living space
- Freedom when you want it
- Access to community events
- Access to event centers, professional-grade dining rooms, and entertaining spaces
- Access to recreational amenities—depending on the facility, this can include swimming pools, outdoor barbecues, tennis courts, and more
- Supervision by medical professionals, so you always feel safe and cared for
- Assistance with mobility, cooking, and daily activities when you need them
- Independence in a living environment that is yours, not a space that is shared with family members
- The freedom to have company visit, including family members and friends
- Social activities to keep you happy and in good spirits
- Assistance with taking medications, checking blood pressure and insulin levels, and other health concerns
- The pride of knowing that, even at your age, you still have the freedom to live on your own
If these benefits sound appealing to you, then talk to your family about your choice to consider a senior residence facility rather than living with other family members. While they care for you and want the best for you, the above benefits can keep you happy and healthy.